Marketing your own Products and Services
Like many other people you may be facing challenges marketing your own products and services.
Some of the challenges include:
- identifying your target market,
- choosing the marketing platform (online shop or business website),
- the best online marketing strategy (content marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), social media marketing (SMM), to name but a few)
Poor marketing strategy is one of the reasons many online businesses fail.
The following are the key steps that will help you successfully market your products and services online:
Step 1: Identify Your Target Market
Let's call her Sue!
The first step to successfully marketing your own services and goods is identifying your target market and also gathering enough information about your customers.
You need to be able to give your ideal client a name for example: If we look at an online shop, selling handmade Alpaca scarfs, your ideal client might be Sue (fictional person).
- Sue is a well dressed lady, between the age of 20 and 50.
- She has a professional career, or own a business.
- She is interested in fine clothing, natural fabrics and timeless fashion.
- She is most likely a Pinterest user, and you might also find in career groups on Facebook.
*Please note – this is just an example!
Step 2: Describe your products or services
What is the benefit to the client?
One of the most important processes you will ever need to do for your online business is describing the products ans services. You might have an idea of what you are trying to sell, but remember, your client would like to see exactly what they are buying.
A good way of doing this, is to create the drafts with your product or service descriptions, and then to send it to professional writers. It does not just help to make sure your description is precise, but can also point out any assumptions that you have made.
It is also important to source images that will make your products and services more appealing. The quality of content and imagery should be high and relevant to the product/service.
Where possible, use your own photos for products, but if you need some stock photos, look in the Tools of the Trade page for resources.
Effective use of iWriter services
When using iWriter it is important to do it with a content strategy in mind:
For example, if you are planning to introduce a new service to current clients – let’s say a service where you design logos, you should request a number of articles:
- An article about Branding and the importance of that in Digital Marketing
- An article on the 5 Steps to create your own Brand and then you can mention how you can work with the company to create their logo.
It is really worth it to go for Elite and Elite plus writer, the few extra dollars is money well spend.
Make sure you know what the purpose of your article will be, and be sure to explain that clearly in your Article Purpose. Also if you would like the writer to explain something in 3 Steps, be sure to explain that in the Special Instructions.
Remember: You are able to reject an article, don’t feel bad about it. This is a service that you are using, and you are expecting value for your money!
Step 3: Create your Website
Turning visitors to customers
Your website is at the centre of all your marketing efforts.
To convince visitors to buy your products or services, it is important that your website;
- have a descriptive and easy to remember domain ex. weddingshoes.shop
- is design, easy to use and looks professional
- describe your products and services well
- have links to your social media channels
- have an easy way to contact you if you visitor have any questions
Domain Cost Club
You are going to need multiple addresses for your online business:
- one for the main website
- and several for landing pages (a web page which serves as the entry point for a website or a particular section of a website.)
Domain Cost Club makes it possible to buy, renew and transfer domains at cost price.